Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2006/11/09

Preventing thrush

I recently developed a mild thrush, and decided to go to my GP to get a one day treatment (Canestan VC1), and the thrush was resolved.

I am on the contraceptive pill and thus I know I am more susceptible to thrush. I would like to know if there is any supplements I can take to prevent it from recurring.

I see there is much media around probiotic supplements now. Will taking that prevent thrush?

You can try probiotics. A;so look at the Top 5 questions.

3
Posted by: Maya | 2006/11/10

As a long time thrush sufferer (2 yrs) I found that I cleared up my problem with a daily capsule of combiforte every morning on an empty stomach 20 mins before food.
You keep it in the fridge and can get it at all pharmacies, it's potent stuff and works like a charm.
If you do get a bout again you can also try Culturelle vaginal capsule, they are a vaginal probiotic:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: Kirst | 2006/11/09

Yip, try ProbiFlora, you can get it at Dischem, +/- R70 and it works like a bomb!!!

I had bacteria in my bladder and constant infections for a YEAR and NO antibiotics or creams helped, only probiotics and cranberry tablets, oh and the urologist made a killing off me with all his stupid lotions and potions and at the end of the day the probiotics were the only thing that worked, good luck!!

Reply to Kirst
Posted by: Lg | 2006/11/09

I gave an answer in question 3202 - look it up.

Reply to Lg