Question
Posted by: Timzy | 2006/04/05

Pretty Happy with Results

Stats taken on 26/1

Weight :92.8kgs
BodyFat:26,7%

Stats taken today (5/4)

Weight : 92kgs
BodyFat:17%

That is almost a 10% drop in just over 2months.

Next Goal in 2months time witll be 12% although the lower you drop down the slower and harder it is to get off

Seems I am building muscle too which is Great

Hi Timzy

Good results, though I do also wonder about the body fat reduction, like Anne on the forum. Just to elaborate more on those numbers, if your body fat percentage was 26.7% out of 92.8 kg, then your body fat weight must have been 24.7 kg. Now, your total body fat weight is equal to 15.6 kg, which means you must have lost 8.5 kg of fat in the last three months. that may be possible, I must confess that I don't know of any numbers that can back this up. It does seem very drastic, because if you have lost 8.5 kg of fat, then in order to have stayed at the same body weight, you would have had to gain 8.5kg of muscle. I am not sure this is possible in so short a time, I must be honest. So I don't want to take away from your results, because I am sure that you are seeing real results there, but I do wonder about the accuracy of the body fat measurement.

But keep it up.

5
Posted by: Timzy | 2006/04/06

SW What point ? I used Infrared Scanner/Body IQ Machine at Virgin Active for first reading as well as a calliper test to compare and the results were 0.3%out,
I did not use the body iq for second test

Reply to Timzy
Posted by: SW | 2006/04/06

Timzy, did you use the infrared scanner? If yes - it proves my point....

Reply to SW
Posted by: Timzy | 2006/04/05

Well thanks for the info the time period is a little over 2 months not 3,(26jan to 5 Arpil) all I can think of is either my starting reading was incorrect (although both calliperes and body iq measurements) were close, or my current reading is incorrect,yet I went to a Virgin Personal Trainer who is very experienced for my latest reading but used body iq and a diffrent person for my inital reading, I am definately seeing the results bigtme and so are other people, I am doubting my achievement now:-(

Reply to Timzy
Posted by: Timzy | 2006/04/05

No problem, I am 1,76m serious weightlifter/bodybuilder I have been following a strict diet for 2months now 6meals aday , 5 weight sessions a week 4hrs of cardio per week, remember my goal is to build/retain muscle and loose fat, so its obvious looking at the stats that i have increased my muscle makeup and reduced my fat makeup,

Reply to Timzy
Posted by: Anne | 2006/04/05

Hi Timzy,

Not to rain on your parad but - are you sure about this results?? It seem like a drastic drop and yet your weight remains virtually the same. What is your height by the way? I'm 1.69m and was 87kg at my heaviest. I way 74kg now - still slowly going towards 68kg...

Good luck!

Reply to Anne