Question
Posted by: niki | 2008/01/09

PRESCRIPTION SKIN TREATMENT

Hi Doc,

Was advised by doctor to use Dermalogica product/s on my skin, as had adverse reactions from many freely available brands. (got script) My question is, can this be claimed from one's medical aid?
If not, why would it be treatment products, and why only available on a prescription by dermatologist or GP.

Just wondered!!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Niki, thank you for the question.

Every medical aid will have a different covering policy, so your best approach would be to contact your medical aid directly and ask them if the skin products would be covered.

1
Posted by: KARIEN | 2008/01/15

DERMALOGICA IS AVAILABLE AT BEAUTY SALONS. I SUGGEST YOU LOOK IN THE YELLOW PAGES - THEY USUALLY LIST THEIR PRODUCTS. THERE ARE MANY PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN THAT ARE LESS PRICEY AND EXTREMELY GOOD. CANNOT SEE THE MEDICAL AID PAYING FOR IT - ONLY FROM YOU SAVINGS MAYBE. HOPE YOU GET SORTED.

Reply to KARIEN