Question
Posted by: Kay | 2008/06/09

Prescription note expiration

How long can I keep a prescription note before it expires?
I have a pescription for Fertimod and was going to start taking it within this month, but i just found out that I might be starting a new job soon, so I decided to put off trying for a baby for about 4-5 months.
Will the precripton note still be valid after 5 months?

Kay

Expert ImagePharmacist

I agree - Most pharmacies will have a problem dispensing it ater 3 months. Explain your situation to your pharmacist and ask him to store it on their computer system. This way you should be able to get in a few months time

1
Posted by: Tammy | 2008/06/09

I think they are only valid for 3 months. I could be wrong.
Why not get the medicine (just ask for a long expiry) and keep it or have the pharmacist pt it on the computer until you want it ??

Reply to Tammy