Question
Posted by: me | 2003/03/27

prescription needed?

Hi Doc, pls tell me what is the latest Acyclover-type treatment for herpes and can I get it without a prescription? Is there something I can get without a prescription? Would like to try it - have done so some years ago, but couldn't afford it.

Acyclovir is quite reliable to curtail attacks of herpes. There are other agents, but they are all similar and would be equally expensive. I don't know whether there is a generic for Acyclovir which might be cheaper. You can find out from your pharmacy. You would need a prescription for any of these.