Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2004/11/09

Preparing for surgery

I am having jaw surgery on 22/11. What should i do/know in preparation of having surgery generally? I have started taking 1000mg of vit C daily and protein shakes. As a social smoker - is it more beenficial to stop completley from now for the next two weeks, or should i continue as I have been (i do not want to risk getting a cough etc beforehand)? Will lots of cardio exercise make any difference if I do it daily from now on? Consumption of alcohol: Is it safe to have a glass of wine etc the day before surgery?
Lots of questions......please answer them if you can. Thanks.

Kitty, today is always the best time to stop smoking. Don’t overdo it on the exercise thing and you’re welcome to drink socially up to the evening before the op. Good luck.