Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2004/11/23

Prenancy Tests

After trying for 6 years to fall pregnant nothing helped so we stopped clomid etc. My husband and I had intercourse the night before I started my period and that was the last period I had and the last time we had intercourse before I found out I was pregnant. Now 3 years later we have been trying again. We had interourse on the 1 Nov 2004 and I woke on the 2 Nov 2004 with my period having started. A week later I went to get a home preg test (as I am quite anxious) they didnt have any but gave me a pre menopausal test wich came up positive. 2 proper pregnancy tests came up negative. As my periods are quite irregular I am not sure when my next period is due. would these test show positive so soon or should I wait about 4 weeks ( which is about now) or am I defenitley not pregnant.
Thanx Michelle

The timing would have made it unlikely for you to have fallen pregnant and, with two negative home pregnancy tests, this makes it even more unlikely. However, the only absolutely certain way to exclude pregnancy is with a blood pregnancy test.