Question
Posted by: Mara | 2004/10/20

Prempak + Clomid

I never had periods before and I am 25 years old. My gynae put me on Prempak and I starated my first tablet on 14/10. I made an appointment to see him again on 08/11. He said he wanted to see me then as I would probably be menstr.
Has anyone else had this problem and fallen pregnant after treatment with Prempak? I know that falling pregnant takes time. I have waited so long to seek help and now that I have, I want everything to be instant. Would Clomid help for me and are there any bad side effects?
How long does it normally take for someone using clomid to fall pregnant? 3 months - 6 months or much longer.

You need to have a diagnosis made first. Clomid only works for certain causes of infertility. Prempak is actually hormone replacement therapy

1
Posted by: Healthcare | 2004/10/20

Hi Mara

It appears that you may have premature ovarian failure leading to primary amenorrhea. Prempak is combination of synthetic estrogen and progesterone which is taken to mimic a normal cycle pattern.
In most cases, it have to be taken a couple of months to build up a sufficient level of hormones (esp estrogen) to increase chance of conception.
If Clomid is introduced too early in treatment, chances are close to nil as Clomid has anti-estrogenic effects (i.e it will lower estrogen levels , which are already low)

For more info about our Natural Fertility Program write to
lotusway at mweb dot co dot za

Reply to Healthcare