Question
Posted by: cathy | 2007/07/26

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)

Could you please give an indication which meds would "help" in this regard. i have been on Lorien (Prozac) for ± 10 years. Helped for PMS/PMDD. now on venlor (190 mg) - does it have the same active ingredients? I now get this sudden outbursts of anger, shouting screaming verbally abusing people around me...

No, Venlor is a heavily promoted drug which is NOT the same as Prozac / Lorien, though it has some similar actions along with some others. It doesn't sound as though it is suiting you as well as the Prozac did. I know of no good evidence that Venlor is likely to be any better for PMDD than Prozac or numerous other alternative ADs.