Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2004/10/29

Premenopausal osteoporosis

45 yers old female - I do not smoke, have never been on diet, do not drink, no caffeine in diet, horseriding daily therefore in sun daily, lots of dairy products in diet, am still premenopausal. Two pregnancies, breastfeeding both times. Horseriding accident resulted in frctured hip, pelvis and wrist and subsequently diagnosed with severe osteoporosis. Put on Fosamax, but IS THAT ENOUGH ? Which dietary supplements should I take ? Shouldn't my dr look for the cause instead of just giving me a pill that might fix it ???

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Frustrated
I agree that they should have established the cause of the osteoporosis. Fosamax is a very good drug and you seem to be doing all the right things.
Please contact the Osteoporosis Foundation on 021 931 7894 for further information
Tereza