Posted by: Bradley | 2010/02/19

premature ejaculation

Hi Dr
I am quite emabarressed to write to you concerning my situation. I am a very healthy man of 35 years. I have been divorced for 3 years and have experienced pre mature ejaculation for as long as I can remember. I have met someone who is awesome but am afraid that this might be a stumbling block in the relationship. How can I find out whats wrong with me. It hurts me really bad as I relate to my divorce and think that it could have been one of the underlying problems.
Please help me

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

This is such a common problem that there is no need for embarrassment around it. You want to start with a visit to your urologist who will do blood tests, including thyroid tests, and let him check for any underlying medical problems.
Most frequently the cause is the man not yet learning to hold back at the "tipping point"- the point of no return. Also men with chronic early ejaculation, like you who ahve had it your whole sexual life, can be given medication for short term to help you learn control. Your urologist is the right person to talk to about this.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.