Question
Posted by: New mom | 2007/12/11

Premature

The doctor said my baby was premature. He was born 5 weeks early? He weighed 2.4kg with birth. He is now 4 months old and we think he is already teething. They kept him in the hospital for 2 weeks because the forced him to drink 8 bottles x 50 ml. Is a 2.4 kg baby really premature. Or is it just that they had my time wrong?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear New mom
The weight does not classify the prematurity, but the weeks born early. Did he come five weeks before you should have given birth if all happened natural? If yes, then you may regard him as prem.

Welma