Question
Posted by: Zak | 2004/02/10

Prematire Ejaculation

Good Day

I suffer from premature ejaculation. Is there medication that can assist me. I am embarassed to go to a GP.
I have suffered with premature ejaculation all my life.
I am married with two kids and this problem is begining to affect my marriage.

Plz help.

Zak, in the adult man, anything that causes anxiety or stress when intercourse is attempted can cause premature ejaculation.
The easiest way to treat it is to increase the opportunities for ejaculation as this may decrease sexual tension. Another option is the stop-start technique with or without the squeeze technique. Basically this means you have intercourse/masturbate until you feel an orgasm coming on. You then cease all stimulation for 30 seconds. You repeat this for 3 times and then allow ejaculation. If you move to close to the “point of no return”, you squeeze the penis hard just below the glans (this will stop you from having an orgasm). With time you will learn to control your ejaculation (works in >95% of cases). When you make love you can also put on 2 condoms and in that way decrease the sensitivity. In the other 5% drugs like Anafranil® and psychotherapy can be tried.
There are buckets full of alternative "therapies" available ranging from the entertaining to the absurd and to the down right dangerous. The important thing is that when attempting to cure premature ejaculation, you have to make sure that it doesn't ruin making love for you and your wife.
In the end you have to remember that it’s not bad for your health (but it might be for your self-esteem) and that most men may have an episode or two of premature ejaculation, but few have a chronic problem with it. Good luck.