Question
Posted by: CJ2 | 2007/03/06

Prem legs position

My baby wasn't born prem, according to doctors, but I beg to differ. He lies with his legs in a frog position and is 16weeks already. Was this supposed to change by now? He also swallowed amniotic fluid at birth, could this have an influence is his normal development and was he supposed to receive blood transfusion while in NICU?

Expert ImageArchive

Hallo CJ2.
This is difficult to say if we did not examine him. Does his legs just fall open and he is unable to keep them together? Then I would recommend that you see an occupational therapist for an assessment. If the legs open in a frog position when he is on his tummy, it might just be his preferred way of lying. The amniotic fluid usually only have an effect on their breathing directly after birht, but again he need to be examined. THe blood transfusion could have been given for a number of reasons and is usually not administered without a very good reason, so I would assume that he needed that.
Welma

1
Posted by: Dove | 2007/03/12

Surely you know when his birthday date was you should know if he was born early and at how many weeks. What was his birth weight have you taken him to a Dr regarding his legs.

Reply to Dove