Question
Posted by: Nicolette | 2007/07/31

Prem baby 18 weeks slow weight gain

Dear Welma

My daughter, Bianca, was born at 32 weeks. She has reflux and her weight gain is slow. E.g. past four weeks, 75g, 150g, 75g, 50g. She is drinking Novalac AR formula approximately 60 to 80ml per feed for 8 feeds a day. We are still feeding her 3 hourly, is there some way or something that can help her gain weight or should I be at peace with her weight gain?

Nicolette

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nicolette
Please see a feeding therapist or pediatric dietician, since a full assessment is needed to give you the right advice.
Welma

1
Posted by: jojo6 | 2007/08/07

i gave birth to prem twins at 28 weeks and when they left the hospital i had the same problem. speak to the sister when you go weigh your baby and they will give sound advice.

Reply to jojo6