Question
Posted by: TTC | 2007/07/20

Pregnyl

After 3 months of fertimod my gynae prescribed a pregnyl injection to ensure the release of the egg for fertilisation to occur. The injection was administered on day 14 of cycle after ultrasound.
My period was consistent for the past 3 months on a 30 day cycle. My next period will be the 1st August 07.

Question:

1. When doess fertilisation occur after the pregnyl injection
2. My partner and I engaged in intercourse on days 10,12,14,15,18, what are the chances of a pregnancy occuring
3. Does it matter that we did not have intercourse on day 16 and 17
4. how long should i wait to perform a pregnancy test.

Thanking you in advance

Kind regards

Dear TTC

Usually if the pregnyl injection was timed accurately ovulation would occur after 36-40 hours. The days of intercourse are appropriate and provided no sperm abnormalities are present and the tubes are patent, the chances of conception should be good. A pregnancy blood test may be positive by day 27 or day 28 of the cycle, but occasionally it may be necessary to wait a little longer due to the somewhat longer 30-day cycle in your case.