Question
Posted by: annie | 2007/05/30

pregnyl

i was on the clomid for 3 months no luck in ovulating now my gynea prescribe pregnyl but only one treatment of it - what happens if pregnyl does not work what can we try after that.

Dear Annie

The use of pregnyl has to be under ultrasound guidance and not just randomly. Follicles have to reach maturity before pregnyl could be of any use in the case of ovulation induction. Also if pregnyl is being used for luteal support i.e. twice weekly after ovulation then one has to carefully evaluate when ovulation is occurring. If the clomid pregnyl combination has not succeeded then I would suggest ovulation induction with injectables and ultrasound monitoring.