Question
Posted by: dee | 2003/12/15

pregnavit m, making me sick

ehn I take pregnavit m, i get naseus and i get a running stomach. Is it okay if I take only folic acid, as these vitamins do not agree with me? I do eat a healthy diet.

Stop taking the vitamins if they make you sick. You might try again when you are over the phase of morning sickness.

3
Posted by: Kate | 2003/12/15

Then you can stop taking the Pregnavit M and just take your folic acid. Make sure you are taking 5 mcg's of folic acid a day.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: dee | 2003/12/15

Sorry i am 9 weeks.

Reply to dee
Posted by: Kate | 2003/12/15

Not sure how far along you are but in the first trimester the increase in iron caused by taking a multivitamin can cause nausea. Just take folic acid until 12 weeks and then start the mulitvitamins again.

I did this with the consent of my doctor and all was well again!

Reply to Kate