Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/11

Pregnavit from 3 weeks - is this a bad thing

I am now 10 weeks pregnant and been taking Pregnavit since about 3 weeks but I've been told that this is actually bad. Could taking pregnancy vitamins from so early on in pregnancy have had any bad effects on the fetus. I've looked on the container and most of the amounts of vitamins are actually less than what was in the multivitamin that I was on before I fell pregnant so am confused as to how this is a problem. I don't have a particularly good diet in the sense that I am not a veggie fan so thought it would be better to start the vitamins early on and make sure my baby would have everything it needed and am now feeling I actually did the wrong thing.

There is no problem taking vitamins from early in pregnancy. Some women cannot tolerate them because of the morning sickness which is why they start later. However, there ae no harmful effect on the fetus.

7
Posted by: Bongi | 2016/05/03

Im well off 17 weeks heading for 18 yaaay........Im extremely excited I actually wanna tell any1 who cares to listen(weird I know) I've been slightly worried because I took Pregnavit M in the early weeks of Pregnancy.I'm greatly relieved to hear that taking any Multivitamins is not detrimental but only safer :-).All the best ladies it is possible we've been trying for a while .God is good!!!

Reply to Bongi
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/17

i didn't know i was pregnant i only found out now recently . i got voltarene injections and drank my prevention could this harm my 8 weeks fetus?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/17

i am 8 weeks pregnant . i didnt know i was pregnant got voltarene injections . and drank prevention will it harm my baby

Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/11

Thanks girls, you've made me feel alot better.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: Lindy | 2004/03/11

I started taking vitamins as soon as I found out I was pregnant as I have low iron levels. Pregnavit during the second one and a different one first time round. There is nothing wrong with my healthy angels.

Reply to Lindy
Posted by: Kate | 2004/03/11

Pregnavit is fine to take from early pregnancy. I was advised not to take it until 12 weeks as the extra iron can cause nausea. I took it at about 5 weeks and felt a bit nausea so I left Pregnavit until 12 weeks and only took Folic Acid. However, if you have felt fine, then don't worry.

I also used to drink Nutrament T as a extra boost to my diet. My doctor confirmed that this was fine.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: veggie | 2004/03/11

If you're not eating a healthy diet, then vitamin supplements are the second best thing.

Don't worry, it won't do your baby or you any harm.

Try to eat more healthly though ... for your sake and the baby's.

Choose fruit and veggies that you like (dislike the least!) and try and have 5 or so portions daily. There is really no substitute for good eating habbits.

Reply to veggie