Question
Posted by: Test | 2004/03/02

Pregnany Test - Negative No Period

Hi, i did a home preg test, which came back negative. My last perdio started on the 28th Jan, i'm on a 30/31 day cycle. Is still too soon to test positive, when should i re-do the test? What is the effectiveness of the home preg tests at this early stage. I would imagine i'm about 5 weeks preg... Right?

It may have been a bit early for the test to be positive. Repeat it in 2-3 days or do a blood test to have a more accurate result.

5
Posted by: Test | 2004/03/02

Thanks again Michelle. I'll keep test agin in 3 days and let you know...

Reply to Test
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/03/02

If you are pregnant then the test should show some sort of positive if you are pregnant as you would be 5 weeks now.

So if it is showing negative then i would suggest that you are not pregnant.

If you have the flu the pains could be all down to that.

test again in 3 days time.

write back

Reply to MICHELLE
Posted by: Test | 2004/03/02

Dear Tata and Michelle,

Thanks for you replies - in answer to Michelle: I did a test this morning, i haven't been for a blood test yet. I currently have the flu so i can't say for sure what other symptons i have. I have "period" like pains over the weekend, but no period. Perhaps i'll do another test next Monday, it'll definitely show up then...

Thanks again.

Reply to Test
Posted by: Tata | 2004/03/02

I am answering out of the logic that I have Please note that Im not a doctor, im just a health sciences student:

I think the best time to re-test will be 7 days after your next period (the end of Feb) if ur period don't come.

No period can be due to lotz of things, it doesn't mean that you have to be pregnant if ur period don't come, sometime it is physcial or emotional stress or hormonal imbalances etc.... (this happens to me all the time as I have a bit of a irregular cycle).

Tata

Reply to Tata
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/03/02

Hi if your lst period was the 28th Jan 04 and you have not have one since then your next period should of been26th fweb if you have a 30 day cycle am i reight then i would say that you are 5 weeks so a home test should show positive if you are pregnant or a blood test is better, have you done a test already and if so when?

Ok so you have missed a period which is a sign of pregnancy, do you have other symptoms.

Write back

Reply to MICHELLE