Question
Posted by: t. | 2005/07/15

pregnany, dogs and dust

I have just found out that I am pregnant. I have two dogs who lick everything - hands faces any dishes left lying on a table. I generally wash my hand after being licked by them and before preparing food or eating. Can I catch anything harmful from dog saliva? Also - was cleaning the top of a cupbaord and landed up with a mouthful of dust. Do I need to be worried about dust?
Lastly, is it true that nothing you ingest in the fist 20 days of pregnancy can harm your babay?

The dogs and the dust should not cause problems. Implantation takes place 10 days after conception, 3 days before missing a period, and what you ingest in this time will not get to the fetus.

1
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/15

I dont think the dogs and dust can do any harm.

Yes it is true that nothing is transferred to the fetus in the first 20 days after conception. This means that by the time you find out your are pregnant (4 - 6 weeks) then only does the fetus feed from the mom.

Reply to Pokkel