Question
Posted by: kris | 2007/03/22

pregnant, yeast infection, stomach pains

Hi im 5 weeks preg have a yeast infection & i get pains in my lower stomach but these pains only occur at night. is there something to stress about what should i do & i herad that a yeast infection can cause your baby to be born blind i dont know if thats an old wives tale.pls help me im really stressed about this

The yeast infection will not cause problems to the baby, only discomfort to you. You can use Canesten pessaries. Mild cramps are normal in early pregnancy.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/22

Yeast infections are very common during pregnancy and will not effect the baby in any way. Call your doc and ask for a script for a treatment that is safe to use during pregnancy. The pains that you are experiencing are normal as your uterus is stretching. What you've heard is definately an old wives tale and there are plenty when it comes to pregnancy. Just relax, I'm sure you're going to have a healthy pregnancy and baby:)

Reply to Maya