Question
Posted by: babaloo | 2004/11/11

pregnant within 3 months of having the rudivax vaccination

I ve seen this question on this site b4. My gynae said if should have gone on the pill for 3 months but instead i only went on it for 1 month to regulate me periods because i has a misscarriage a month ago. (before i had the vaccination) Anyway my question is will i have to abort my pregnancy just because i didnt wait the 3 months waiting period????? And also why is there a 3 month waiting period after having the vaccination.
i'm extremely worried and i'm scared of having another misscarriage because i'm so stressed out. PLEASE HELP!

I am not sure whether you are actually pregnant or not at present. Rubella infection can cause abnormalities in the fetus and it is thought that the vaccine can do so as well, though to a lesser extent, hence the advice that you do not fall pregnant while the vaccine is still active. The time period when this is a risk is not absolute, 3 months is there to be on the safe side. Please post agian for further advice if you are pregnant.

1
Posted by: Jordon | 2004/11/12

Just a note. On the pamphlet inserted with the vaccination it advises not to fall pregnant 2 months after the vaccination is taken.

Correct?

Reply to Jordon