Question
Posted by: Casey | 2007/03/02

Pregnant with PCOS!!!!

Hi All,

I cannot believe that I'm actually 7 weeks pregnant. I had PCOS since I was 15, I never got my periods in two consecutive months since then, sometimes I would go for 10 months before I got a period. I thought that I was cursed and this used to depress me!! I have been on the pill and Androcur to help with PCOS, the doctor told me that I had too many male hormones, practically I was half man!! I am not really over weight but my hair is really thin and I suffer from acne, typically PCOS symptoms.

Well, anyway the doctor did put me on Clomid once, I found it too stressful to count days etc, only took it for one month and didn't go back to him. I told myself that I will ask God for help and try to fall pregnant the natural way. From October last year I decided to follow the Atkins diet because Carbs is my problem, I tend to put on weight when I eat them, I lost 4 kg's. I was still on Yasmin then. I only stopped Yasmin on the 4th January this year when I got my period and that same day I decided to try a product called Femzone, made by Goodhealth. I was taking 4 a day, and sometime during January I fell pregnant. I was told not to try to fall pregnant whilst on this Femzone, I didn't think I would fall pregnant so easily because I have such a stubborn system!! Because of it being a herbal remedy I though I would need to wait some time before it worked, maybe a year or so!!

I was also taking an antibiotic for my skin which apparently is harmful to pregnant women, but I only took it for two weeks and stopped together with the Femzone when I found out I was pregnant. I was actually planning my wedding and not a pregnancy, so this is a huge shock to me!! I said to myself that I would try to sort out my PCOS before I get married so when the time comes my cysts would have cleared!!

My advice to all the ladies, please go on a low GI diet, and try this Femzone tablet, I was told to take 4 tablets a day for the first month and thereafter 1 a day, so in the first month it cost me R600, but hey it was woth it!!

I'm also writing a big exam this month, so I'm trying to study with morning sickness which is difficult!! It's true that when you don't stress about being pregnant it will happen. When I was on Clomid I was stressing and I now realise why it didn't help!!

Hope this gives some hope to ladies with PCOS, trust God, but remember he helps those who help themselves, so go on a low GI diet and try natural remedies, GOOD LUCK!!

Dear Casey

Certainly a low GI diet is recommended and has been tested in clinical trials and has been found to be extremely effective in pcos. however the use of herbal remedies and other such supplements is less clear and one cannot base broad base success on anecdotal reports. Carefully clinical trials are needed to substantiate such claims.
I wish you all te best in this pregnancy. Good Luck.

5
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/05

Femzone is available to purchase from http://www.freshlyflavoured.co.za

Posted by: Gabe | 2007/03/15

Do you need a prescription for femzone?

Reply to Gabe
Posted by: casey | 2007/03/14

Hi lolo

A low gi diet involves cutting out on most carbs, like flour and potatoes, breads high in fibre like seed bread is fine! also, no sugar or sweet foods!

Reply to casey
Posted by: LOLO | 2007/03/07

Please explain to me what is low GI diet as I am ttcing for 4 years now

Reply to LOLO
Posted by: Natash | 2007/03/02

Wow! I am so very glad for you.

You don't realise how much hope you brought to my life. I also suffer from PCOS.

It is true, the only one who makes babies is God.

All the best of luck to you!!!

Reply to Natash