Question
Posted by: BETSY | 2004/03/03

PREGNANT - SYPHILS

I 'm 6 months pregnant. I 've recieved my blood test results on Monday and the results shows that I have syphilis. Is it harmful to my unborn baby and what about my partner should I stop having sex with him? When I got the results the nurse from the clinic did not say a thing about my results.
What can I take to cure the desease? PLEASE HELP

Syphilis can, unfortunately, be harmful to the fetus. It is essential to be treated as soon as possible. The treatment is three Bicillin injections one week apart. Your partner should be treated as well and you should not have sex until you have both been treated.