Question
Posted by: Zynelle | 2003/12/19

Pregnant & Stressed<br>Pregnant & Stressed

Hi there,

I am so afraid that something is wrong with my baby (13 weeks). My hormones having playing
havock with me, and I fight with everybody and upset myself extremely. How will I know if something is wrong. I feel fine have no bleeding no cramps, just a pain in my lower back to the right side, since yesterday, it feels like a nerve or muscle pinching. I've rubbed deep heat on and today it feels better. Maybe I just paranoise. I know I must take it easy, but these hormones, I've turned into an absolute Bitch.

The mood swings in pregnancy are normal. The back pain is unlikely to indicate a problem. If you had a scan earlier in the pregnancy and it was normal, then there is a very good chance that all is still fine.

1
Posted by: LS | 2003/12/22

I used to fight a lot with people and was very emotional, i felt under pressure to relax and at the time it seemed impossible....my mother-in-law was the only person who told me that these are normal emotions and that i should start by stopping to fight them, then a friend adviced me that when i feel that rage coming, i should get myself a glass of water and sip slowly on it, this will help in calming myself down, and by the time i finish the glass of water i will be calmer and a lot less upset. You may be at a point where there's lot's you don't like, like water, so perhaps you can use a drink you like. This worked wonders for me. You are in your 2nd trimester and things get much better from now, well until the 3rd trimester(but it's not that bad).....good luck!!!

Reply to LS