Question
Posted by: smokey | 2007/12/11

pregnant - stop smoking

I found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant. I smoke abt 15 a day - I am trying to smoke less - is there any gel/medication that I can use to help me quit that is safe to use whilst I am pregnant? Someone told me it is bad to just go cold turkey all of a sudden.

Regards and thank you

The best thing is to cut down slowly. Hypmosis and support groups like Smokenders also help.

3
Posted by: cf | 2007/12/12

I also smoked and after i've found out that im pregnant i did not really treid to stop but i just felt like i'm feeling sick after a smok.

Hope that it will happen to you.

Reply to cf
Posted by: Lee | 2007/12/12

I went cold turkey 6 months ago and it's going well. At times i crave, but just know how much healthier I'll be and when it comes to the time for me to have a baby he/she will also be given the best opportunity of great health i can offer. I know it is hard, they say that smoking will only really reduce the size of your baby at birth, but they don't tell you that babies that are born with low weight are more prone to heart problems and strokes later in life (i read that on this site)

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Nix | 2007/12/12

it's hard, i know. just cut down for now, with the thought to quit. try have 2 a day only. sounds like a little, but here's what you could try. only smoke half a smoke at a time. i read once that your body gets it's "fix" from the first two drags of a cigarette, but we smoke the rest of it cause it's there. try it. and good luck. i've also quit smoking and it's the hardest thing in the world to do. just think of that little life inside of you.

Reply to Nix