Question
Posted by: Dez | 2004/02/26

Pregnant so soon after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage late December last year.
My last period was on the 28th Jan. Yesterday I did
one of those home pregnancy tests and there were 2 lines
one was much lighter than the other. Could I be pregnant so soon? I have been having slight pains on my lower stomach
as well no normal period pains.

You could be pregnant again. I would suggest a blood test to confirm.

1
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/02/26

Hi Dez

Yes you can, if there are two lines you are pregnant. I had a miscarriage in October last year and we decided to wait out the 3 months they tell you too so started trying Jan and fell pregnant straight away. I know you must have mixed emotions right now, try to relax and start preparing yourself. I did three home tests a few days apart because I kept wondering if it was really possible. Book your first appointment with your gynae for around 6 weeks and let them do a vaginal scan, its more detailed than the regular sonar so you should see your baby and maybe even the heart beating. I'm now nearly 8 weeks and when I saw the little heart it was so reassuring. Good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

Reply to Wendy