Question
Posted by: lana | 2004/10/26

Pregnant -positive blood results but no sighn on ecograf?¿

I found out last friday that I´m pregnant through the home test. My fist day of my last period was on the 17th of September. On Monday I went to the dr for a confirmation and this morning the blood results showed positive. The dr then send me fo a ecograph but nothing was showing ... was quite dissapointing (did not expect to see a full grown baby but just an indication) is it normal ?

The fetus only shows from about 5 and a half to 6 weeks, so it may have been too early.

2
Posted by: lana | 2004/10/27

Thank you, makes me feel a bit more at ease!

Reply to lana
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/26

You will only start to see a yolk sac developing at 5 weeks and then a tiny baby at 6 weeks with a heartbeat. Book to see a gyane at 6 or 7 weeks for a scan and to hear the heartbeat.

Good luck!

Reply to Kate