Question
Posted by: Taz | 2007/08/08

Pregnant or menstrual pains?

I went on the 27th of July for AI. That was day 13 after the first day of my period. Three days after that my breast started to get sore. Since the night of 6 August, I have this terrible cramps, almost like my period is coming. But nothing. My breast are still very sore. Yesterday the whole day my stomach hurted and I'm very naseous. It felt like my period was coming and I went to the bathroom. But nothing. But my underwear was wet. Today I still have the cramps, but very lightly. But now I see I have kind of a discharge. Not smelly or anything. My periods are only due on the 16th. When can I take a hpt to see if I'm pregnant. I also do a contact sport, but haven't been since the AI. If I go back before the test, what shouldn't I do? We do alot of push ups and sit ups. Should I rather not do it at this moment of time?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!!

You should be able to test 14 days after the AI, which is today. A blood test would be better at this early stage. It is probably better to avoid the contact sport till you know for sure.