Question
Posted by: tania | 2004/12/08

pregnant, new house and very emotional

Doc, please help. I just found out that i am 8 weeks pregnant after trying for over 2 years. i have let the idea gone of ever having babies and now that i am pregnant, i just can't get to terms with it. we also bought a house a week ago and have moved in but i just have no interest in doing anything in the house. i don't want to be there. i also just seem to be fighting with my husband the whole time. please help me......

It can be awful not to get what you want, and then it can feel awful when you get what you want --- or what you wanted. Sounds like you really need to see a counsellor, urgently, to work through your different emotions in response to this unexpected discovery. And people who feel stressed by a situation that's new and hard to cope with, tend to squabbnle among themselves. Take a litle time now to work with the counsellor and come to terms with now having what you had wanted and worked for, for so long, and it's likely that you could soon end up enjoying and appreciating the experience you had wanted so much

2
Posted by: Star | 2004/12/08

Its sounds quite normal to feel that way you are going through so many NEW things is your life ...of course you are goign to feel a bit flustered...

Give yourself a project that will last a few months like the baby room start thing of colours, themes and things you would like to have in there and then go and browz the shops to see ideas too.

By having this mini -project it will make you excitied about the baby and also help you get the room in order and make it feel more like a house to you.

Another great idea is giving the inside of the house a fresh new start by painting it a new colour ...

Hope this helps and relax you are goign through some new things but be happy what an awesome blessing that you have a part of you and your hubby growing inside of you!

God bless

Reply to Star
Posted by: Sana | 2004/12/08

tania u have also described me here as well, 27 weeks preggies, new house and very very emotional, nothing hubby does is write anymore but i try by all means not to fight with him, even my friends irritate me so much, ive deleted so many names on my cell as well as my e-mail address.

Reply to Sana