Question
Posted by: pixie | 2008/06/01

Pregnant - low blood pressure

Good day,

I am 29 wks and am feeling very dizzy and am seeing black spots. I had my blood pressure taken this morning and it was very low (I skipped breakfast, but have been eating small meals throughout the day with lots of water). I am a bit nauseous as well and just feel "crappy". My gynae prescribed efortil at the beginning of my pregnancy for my low blood pressure and extreme fatigue (my iron is normal). For the past couple of days the baby hasn't been that active, but I still feel about 12 movements in 12 hours - is this ok?

Should I be concerned and is it ok to take an efortil capsule? I also have a "pressure" type headache in the front part of my head.

Thank you :-)

12 movements a day is fine. Dizziness is a fairly normal side effect of pregnancy. you can take the Effortil if it helps. As long as your blood pressure is normal, there is no need to worry about the headache.