Question
Posted by: Olga | 2003/12/02

Pregnant HCG

STILL THE SAME QUESTION, EXCEPT ADDING THAT I MY PERIOD IS DUE THIS FRIDAY (5 DEC).

I took one of those tests that show you when you ovulate and that time we had intercourse (Nov 19). Tthe wednesday after (Nov 26) in the morning I had a brownish discharge and my breasts stared to feel sore (in the begining only in the tips) and I feel a little nausea but not at a fixed time of the day and not that I have to vomit. I did a bloodtest on the Friday (Nov 28) and the doctor said it is difficult for him to say as my HCG levels are very low.
Could it still be possible that I am pregnant (and I did the blood test to early) and if not what causes the HCG in my blood?
Thanks.

You would have to tell me what the levels of HCG were. Less than 5 is considered negative and may just be cross reactivity from the test. More than 5 would be positive, but may not indicate a viable pregnancy. If done very early, it may just indicate a very early pregnancy.

1
Posted by: Toni | 2003/12/02

Hi there,

My period is also due on Friday, we also had sex on the 19th on so on...I was in the same situation, so i did a urine preg test on 28th Nov but it was negative. I hear that your levels of HCG become stronger as pregnancy progresses. Apparently i did the test too early, so i am waiting for friday to do it again

Reply to Toni