Question
Posted by: Leena | 2006/04/18

Pregnant - Glucaphage?

I just found out that I am pregnant, should I keep on taking my glucaphage? I have an appointment with my doc this week, should I stop the medication until I see him? Is safe to be on glucaphage while you are pregnant?

It is debatable whether Glocophage should be continued in pregnancy or not. You can continue till you see your doctor.

2
Posted by: Leena | 2006/04/18

Thank you! I am so excited, can't wait to see my baby on the scan!!!!

Reply to Leena
Posted by: Kippie | 2006/04/18

Congrats!
Take your clugophage until you see him but make sure that you mention it.
Some doctors are for using it during pregnancy and others against.
My first gynae told me to stop using it immediately and when I changed gynaes at 21 weeks, the new one said he would have preferred me to conintue the use of it - but I obviously could not start at that point again.
I started using it after baby's birth.

Reply to Kippie