Question
Posted by: nb | 2008/01/10

pregnant? day 27 hpt negative why??

i have been trying for 6 months after a still birth. my periods are like clock work on day 26. i have been having light period pain for 3 days and it is not day 27 but no period yeh!. i took a hpt this afternoon but my urine was very watery... the test was negative. could it be i tested too soon or was the urine not strong enough. i cant wait to test again. my hope are on this and that is bad coz i dont want to be dissapointed

You could have tested too soon. If you have still not started your period, repeat the test now.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2008/01/10

Most home pregnancy tests are urine tests. They detect the amount of hCG in your urine, but only when it reaches a certain level. If you use one of these tests too early in pregnancy, the amount of hCG in your urine may not be high enough for a positive result. But most urine pregnancy tests will give you accurate results if you test a few days after your period would normally be due.

Reply to Nix