Question
Posted by: Debra | 2004/01/27

Pregnant & Concern

I am 12 weeks pregnant, my first child, a friend of mine is also 12 weeks my worry is her tummy is far bigger than mine. which make me worry if my baby is OK, the baby does not kick yet but I do feel bubbles sometimes, is everything OK?

Fetal movements are only felt from 18 -20 weeks. People vary as to how early they show. At 12 weeks the uterus is still behind the pubic bone, so you would not really show yet.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/27

I started to show at 7 weeks and everyone said that was so weird and not normal. But I began to realise that everyone is different and shows and grows differently. My baby is very healthy and at 34 weeks we are doing fine, just large!

You baby is fine, you may see a growth spurt within the next month or so, but maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and not put on much weight at all!

Don't worry about it, everyone is different, your friend is probably worried that she is bigger than you!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/27

Hi Debra,

I'm 14weeks pregnant, and still don't feel a thing, my tummy is only now starting to get bigger, still cant see I'm pregnant.
Dont worry, your tummy will grow, and baby is fine, as long as you go for your check-up's.
Just remember everyone is different, some woman shows quickly, others only shows at 5-6months.

Reply to Norma