Question
Posted by: Mom To Be | 2005/01/13

Pregnant, but having emotional / mental problems!!

I'm having problems coming to terms with my changing body. I don't feel good about it anymore. I know this pregnancy is supposed to be fantastic- especially after struggling infertility to get here- but I am generally not happy.

I used to be thin, and I'd get loads of compliments and now it seems I thrived off being told I looked good.

I am supposed to be thriving and showing off proudly my preggy belly, but instead i feel like hiding because it's not the ME I used to know. It's really hard. I haven't picked up any excess weight and the gynae is happy with my progress, but I feel huge and waddly and disgusting. The thought of putting on even more weight (I'm only at 5 1/2 months) makes me so depressed.

How do I stop being silly and just accept that my body is changing, and I must embrace it. Yes, it is now Pregnant Me, not Thin Me, but it's so hard! I also worry about this- what if Thin Me never comes back? I really loved her!

Please, no replies about how selfish i am because some women would do anything to fall pregnant- i know, I've been there.

Thank you.

MtB, you were thin, and you'll be thin again, plus a child. YOu're a new you, for a tme. See a counsellor to help get through this unnecessary and unpleasant phase of being so over-critical of your pleasant self. Thin me will be coming back, in a new and improved version.

1
Posted by: Bee | 2005/01/13

Only 4 months to go, then you lose the load!
Exercise and diet will help you regain your figure like many women have.

Reply to Bee