Question
Posted by: Suze | 2004/11/03

Pregnant - blood like discharge

Hi Gynaedoc. I am feeling stressed. I am 4 weeks pregnant and on Sunday I discovered a small amount of blood. After a visitsto my Gynae on Monday, he assured me that everything was fine (after doing a scan) and that this was known as implantaion bleeding. I felt very relieved. However I am starting to panic again as the discharge has become stringy and brown in colour (Also very small amounts, but enough to get me into a state!). Am I worrying about nothing or should I be concerned? I do not have any discomfort (apart from a knot in my stomach!). Please advice....

The brown discharge is most likely old blood. You will presumably have another scan in a few weeks. I'd suggest that you wait and see for the next few days. If things do not settle, see your doctor again.

3
Posted by: Sally | 2004/11/03

Please go get it checked out you cant be to carefull. I dont want you to worry but when that happened to me I was misscarrying. Please dont leave it get an appointment and make sure everything is Ok

Let us know what happens

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/11/03

Normally when the blood's colour is brownish then it would be implatation bleeding, that is normal. If the blood is bright red (fresh) then it could be something else. I would keep a eye on it, but if you really are worried rather go to your doc.

Good Luck

Reply to Marlene
Posted by: Jane1 | 2004/11/03

You can't be too careful, I'd go straight to the gynae again- even the hospital if he can't see you.

Reply to Jane1