Posted by: LOVEY | 2008/09/08

Pregnant at 41 years

I recently done a " Trisomy"  test at week 13 with my gyny where he took measurements from the baby abd I also a blood test done. when I went for my check up, he told me the results are positive, there are no defiencies. and he also recommend that I see him in a months'  time.

On week 16.5 I gave him a call asking about " Amniocentesis"  test, and I also wanted to know if it' s necessary for me to do it. His answer was " Yes" , and I said to him he never made mentiion of this test and why, also when was it going to be perfomed because in a month' s time I would have been on week 19 of my pregnancy. He was upset with me and told me why do I want to tell him what to do.

What I want to know, is after the " Trisomy"  test that was perfomed, is it necessary for me to go for " Amniocentesis"  test?

I would need to know the result of the Trisomy test. It is usually given as a risk of, e.g. 1 in a 1000.

Posted by: nash | 2008/09/09

yes. only a amnio will tell you 100% and because of your age they would do a amnio just to make sure all is well with baby. it still stays a personal descision weather you want to do it or not. as there is a 2% chance of a misscarraige after an amnio.
maybe your gynae is not doing enough to explain himself to you, maybe you should get a gynae with better people skills.

Reply to nash