Question
Posted by: sunflowers | 2005/01/04

pregnant and spotting

Hello

a few weeks ago i posted messages that i was spotting on and off, not having a period for 3 months now.. then yesterday on my visit to my doctor for the flu i am suffering i was more suprised to find out i was pregnant.. the doc insisted on the test.. i had the test every month since off the pill and it was negative! then yesterday 4 tests later i am pregnant!

since off the pill and we started used condoms.. but anyway ..
I am now pregnant and the doc gave me meds (venteze for the tight chest) and today i am spotting. I called around for gynaes here in Cape Town.. but the earliest appointment i can get is the 19th Jan 2005!
even tho i mention that i am spotting since this morning! should i rather speak to my GP, but he will again refer me to a gynae who cannot see me sooner..

what do i do now.. this is my first pregnancy, i am 28, and now scared.. my husband is just as excited but nervous thinks that at least one gynae can be available now...

We are not on medical aid, but will pay!

thanks
sunflowers

You can go to the Casualty section of the your closest hospital.

4
Posted by: Nuffing | 2005/01/04

Nix, glad to hear you are ok after the scare!!!!

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Nix | 2005/01/04

Hi there,

I am 6 weeks pregnant and started spotting on new years eve. My gynae had left as it was in the afternoon and I went to the nearest clinic for blood tests (as instructed by a clinical psychologist, who was the only person around at the time). I had my progesterone and Estrogen (E2) tested and luckily both were normal and I stopped spotting. You can often spot if your progesterone is low and it could mean an impending miscarriage (as I was told). If it is low, you can be given progesterone supplements.

Go for blood tests now and see another gynae - you can't wait! It is an emergency situation, not a normal gynae appointment.

Good Luck!
Nix

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Tilli | 2005/01/04

Hi Sunflower - you can try my gynae he is great - I would be surprised if he couldn't fit you in - he is at the Constantiaberg - Dr Barry Roussouw - 797 3570.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Reply to Tilli
Posted by: pritts | 2005/01/04

dear sunflower!!
Good luck with the pregnancy,my advice to you is if you notice anything suspicious go to the hospital asap.As long as you go to somewhere to get help than to wait till the 19 th.
All the best.

Reply to pritts