Question
Posted by: LC | 2007/05/31

PREGNANT AND RIB PAINS

I am 6 and a half months pregnant and have severe rib pains, it is definitly not the baby kicking, it is the whole time sore, what can it be? and what can I do to make it a bit better? Thanks

It could be pressure from the uterus, but there are more serious causes like pneumonia which can also cause this, so see your doctor about it.

1
Posted by: Lish | 2007/05/31

Hi LC,

Its probably your expanding uterus thats pushing up against the rib cage. Its normal at this stage of pregnancy. Im 32 weeks and i also feel some rib discomfort so dont worry, im sure everythings okay.

Reply to Lish