Question
Posted by: Elaine | 2007/11/27

pregnant and my tummy is really low

Hi, I'm 21 weeks now and every since I fell pregnant, my tummy has been really low. I had lots of cramps, but everyone says that's normal. over the last few days, my muscles at the bottom of my tummy have been tightening. this is my second child and I've had no complications with the first. baby is already kicking quite well. I'm afraid that I may go into early labor because of my low tummy. what could be the problem? starting to worry cos I do know that the baby drops down towards the end of pregnancy. it's too early now. pls help

The tummy should be below the navel up to 20 weeks. It later grows upwards. The cramps are more concerning. Your gynaecologist will be able to check if there are any changes in your cervix.