Question
Posted by: Pam | 2004/02/03

Pregnant and antibiotics

Refer to my email on 30/1.

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and on the next medication for bladder infection: Urispas 200mg (3 x pd), Augmaxcil 375mg (3 x pd).
This I used for 5 days and because the infection was there for the last 3 times I went for my check-ups the doctor also gave me Macrodantin 100 mg - which I should take when the Augmaxcil is finished - this is for another month.

I Also have a terrible cold at the moment and would like to know what I can use for that. Please let met know if this is al safe for my baby?

THANK YOU!

Augmaxcil and Macrodantin are fine. Urispas is one of the drugs where the effects in pregnancy are unclear. I cannot find any additional information on this.
For the cold you can use Panado for pain and fever, Benylin for cough and Iliadin spray for a blocked nose.

2
Posted by: aggy | 2016/01/16

I'm 23 weeks preg with low blood & found sexual infection. I was prescribed s4 15* metazol,s4 15* betamox. SO 30*ferrous sulphate, SO30 * folic acid & adco-napamol

Reply to aggy
Posted by: 23 weeks pregnant | 2014/08/03

Good day. I am 23 weeks pregnant. I had a cold and went to see my GP. MY urine was also tested and an infection was found. I was prescribed augmaxcil 375. After 2-3 days, Im now getting alot of discharge. Its cream chessy like texture. Is this caused by the pills cleaning out the infection or could it be something else? Should I be concerned about this? Thank you

Reply to 23 weeks pregnant