Question
Posted by: Pam | 2004/01/30

pregnant and antibiotics

Hi, I'm 18 weeks pregnant and use antibiotics for infection of the bladder and kidneys - this accured twice and I am now on antibiotics for 1 month. Is this affecting my baby by any way?
I am also on tablets for this infection, its called spas-something and citro-soda.

You would need to tell me the exact name of the antibiotics. Many of then are safe in pregnancy. Citrosoda is fine.

2
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/01/30

We need docs advice and knowledge here, but as far as I know, there are certain antibiotics that are safe in pregnancy. I also took antibiotics for a tooth infection when I was about 10 weeks pregnant.
The citro soda is also safe in pregnancy.
Obviously no drugs are the safest but unfortunately sometimes we need to take something to clear up certain infections that can be of more harm to the baby than the medication itself.

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/30

Yes! Did you talk to your doctor first before you took antibiotics? It's very dangerous. You aren't aloud to take any antibiotics during pregnancy.

Wait for gynae reply.

Good luck.

Reply to ciska