Question
Posted by: Sunflower | 2008/02/04

PREGNANT ALTHOUGH HUSBAND NIL SPERMCOUNT

4 yrs ago hubby had tests done & was told he has zero spermcount, however a procedure could be done to withdraw sperm, test it & immediately implant if there were any live sperms. We decided not to. I am almost 40 & today found out I am pregnant, how is this possilbe? Hubby will never believe me!!

Dear Sunflower
This particular problem highlights the scenario that a single sperm analysis is insufficient to confirm the diagnosis of azoospermia (zero sperm count). Various factors need to be considered such as retrograde-ejaculation as well as lifestyle and other factors which can be reversible. What would be of great value at this point is to repeat the sperm analysis and I would expect the values to be significantly different from the initial test.

4
Posted by: happy for you | 2008/05/10

my husband had his vasectomy reversed in feb 07. nothing happened and he ent for tests and they said he had azoospermia. i was very disappointed. the sister at panlab recommended that he take Furtipil and we are hoping. At least there might be some hope for us... Congratulations. It really is a miracle.

Reply to happy for you
Posted by: Gigi | 2008/02/08

Any chance that it may be someone else's?

Reply to Gigi
Posted by: Kym | 2008/02/05

A male’s quality of sperm can change ever 3 months as this is how often a 'new' batch is made. He may have changed his diet, stress levels, a new vitamin many things may help improve his quality.

Miracles do happen, enjoy your new life and if necessary get a dr to explain how this all works to your hubby.

Congrats

Reply to Kym
Posted by: AnnieGay | 2008/02/04

there are so many people battling to fall preg, that shld be the last of yr worries! just accept that it's a miracle & be happy. a man's sperm can improve if they change their lifestyle, etc & the previous tests MUST have been inaccurate.
Be happy!!! There are millions of women like me who can't fall pregnant. Congratulations & accept it.

Reply to AnnieGay