Question
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/12

Pregnant again???????

How long should a person wait before they can try to fall pregnant. I've heard you should give your body about 1 year break. Is that true?

3-6 months if you have had complications in a previous pregnancy.

9
Posted by: samantha | 2005/07/12

Tina, i believe you are so right. Your attitude makes a big difference. My mom had 3 of us 7 each 13 months apart. Those 3 sisters were great friends, very close, during high school especially, now as adults all of us have equal bonds with each other.

Reply to samantha
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/12

I had a very easy healthy pregnancy and gave birth naturally. Also, my son is so good, calm and loving... In a way I'd love to only spend my time with him, but he loves being around people and children and I'm sure will love a little brother or sister. My only worry is that I might not be so lucky the next time round, but everyone says that how you are through your pregnancy determines how your baby will be. I believe it because I was extremely happy to be pregnant and now have a healthy, happy baby. :-)

Reply to Tina
Posted by: Sash | 2005/07/12

I think there is a period you are advised to wait if your first delivery was a caesar. Other than that if you are really brave enough to have another one so soon, go for it! My friend has a 16month age gap between her kids and although its been a bit tough she seems to be loving it. Its nice to have a small age gap

Sash

Reply to Sash
Posted by: Sparks | 2005/07/12

Hi Tina

My Mum was pregnant within 3 months of having her first (not exactly planned but very welcome) and my friend was pregnant again within 2 months (again not exactly planned). I think it's entirely up to you ie depending on how your body has recovered from the first pregnancy and if you feel your energy levels will be up to it. My sisters are very close as they are so close in age so when I do finally fall pregnant again I intend to pop them out one after another quick quick!!

Good luck whatever you decide to do and enjoy your little one.

Sparks

Reply to Sparks
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/12

I feel exactly the same, i love my daughter but i also miss being pregnant. The feeling of the little kicks and punches and all the anticipation that comes with it. I would love to have another one now....but unfortunateky have to wait.....

Take care!

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/12

No, I didn't have a miscarriage and am not on any contraception. My son was born on 25 Jan and I'm starting to feel ready to have another one.

My husband would like to have the kids close together (not because of our age) and we were thinking of waiting until our son was 1 years old. I was just wondering if there was a medical reason why we should wait. You know, to give your body a chance to 'get back to normal'. :-)

I absolutely loved being pregnant and love being a mom and can't seem to think of a reason to wait.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: IvZ | 2005/07/12

Sorry, only saw now that you don't really mention whether it is after a miscarriage, previous pregnancy or after stopping contraceptives?

Reply to IvZ
Posted by: IvZ | 2005/07/12

Hey

depends on the reason for the miscarriage. If it was a molar pregnancy, then YES, you must wait for a year. If it was any other reason, your doctor will tell you how long to wait. I had a blighted ovum (empty gestational sac) and had a D&C on 10 weeks on 28 june, and when i saw my doc last week for a checkup he said we can try as soon as we feel ready again. no need to wait. It also depends on how far along you were when you had the miscarriage. If you are past the 12 week mark i think then they might ask you to wait 3 months or so? and i know GynaeDoc is pro-waiting for 3 months.

Good luck!
IvZ

Reply to IvZ
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/12

Hi there Tina,

There is no need to give your body a break if you so wish. At least wait about 6months though. My friend is now pregnant with her 2nd one and she had her first in November last year.
Its entirely up to you!!!

Reply to Lee