Question
Posted by: SDB | 2005/12/13

PREGNANT AFTER STERELIZATION

I HAVE BEEN STERILIZED 5 YEARS AGO, DIVORCED AND NOW RE-MARRIED. NEW HUBBY REALLY WANTS BABY OF HIS OWN. IS THIS POSSIBLE

Dear SDB

I do apologise for the delayed response.

Depending on the method with which you were sterilised, you have two options.

1. Attempt surgical reconstruction of the fallopian tube / or re-anestimosis of the tube.
2. Does not involve surgery or operations but requires what we call in vitro fertilisation.

You need to consult with a fertility specialist to have a better insight into the pros and cons of both techniques and this will in turn lead you to make a more educated decision of which option to choose.

1
Posted by: jan | 2006/01/16

i had my falopian tubes removed 9 yrs ago,is it possible for me to get pregnant is it 100% or is there a chance i still could?

Reply to jan