Question
Posted by: Zany | 2007/06/19

Pregnant & acnetane

I've found out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant & was on acnetane, what is the risk of my baby being affected. I'm really concerned is there no test that can determine that all is fine and what stage can you detect abnormalities. Thanx

There is a high risk of the baby being affected. Abnormailties can be detected on scan. Some may be detected as early as 14 weeks, but most will only be detectable by about 20-22 weeks. Some, such as eye and ear problems may not be detected at all. You should discuss with your doctor the advisability of continueing the pregnancy.