Question
Posted by: Sasha | 2004/03/05

Pregnant 6 weeks - Is discharging normal

I am 6 weeks pregnant. Last weekend i was spotting blood which i put down to impantation bleeding. I notice though in the last two days that I am discharging (clear whitish) no odour - is this normal ???

It is normal to have an increase in discharge in pregnancy. Provided that it is clear, not itchy or smelly, it is likely to be normal.

3
Posted by: Sasha | 2004/03/05

Thank you Wendy. I will enjoy very much. I just can't help to be nervous at times thinking something might go wrong. The fact that I found out that my sister is expecting as well makes it even much more exciting, she is now 5 weeks.

Everything of the best for you and your baby too!

Reply to Sasha
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/05

I am now 9 weeks pregnant and it appears the further along you are the more discharge you get ! I've been told its perfectly normal as long as it doesn't smell funny or itch or burn. Mine even looks more creamy yellow than it did before. The spotting could well have been implantation bleeding, I had it too but anymore bleeding from now should be looked at. Don't worry immediately if you see bleeding though, go to the gynae and let him check it out and do a scan, it can be scary but from experience I had a gush of bleeding at 7 weeks and when I went for the scan the baby was fine so you never know but its always important to see your doctor with any concerns. Hope you have a good pregnancy and enjoy it as much as you can.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/05

Reply to Wendy