Question
Posted by: me | 2007/08/07

pregnant

I'm six weeks pregnant (went for scan yesterday) Problem is since last week I have been getting these very painful cramps in the early morning hours and then I have diarrhea. Its excruciating and often I feel that I have to get to the hospital but then after half an hour it disapperas just to e back the next day. I do suffer from IBS but now the cramps are much lower. Is it because of the pregnancy?I told my gynae about it and he just told me not to eat wheat!

Dear Me
It sounds like an exacerbation of the IBS but I think you should just see your gastroenterologist to be sure. You may have a Parasite infection?